It is almost impossible not to send a condolence message at least once every year. People die yearly and it is of essence that you sympathize with the family of the deceased.
Most times when you hear about somebody’s passing, it becomes hard to reach out because you’re not sure about what to say. Showing up physically might not be possible but sending a message will go a long way in showing them that they’re in your thoughts and you care.
Think about keeping your messages short, kind, and respectful. Refrain from giving unsolicited advice at this point. I’m sure you don’t want your message to sound improper.
You might be writing condolence messages for the first time, it’s okay to offer your thoughts and reach out to help if needed.
Short Condolence Messages are often a safer option than writing a long paragraph that may not adequately express what you feel or be full of unnecessary words. This article provides you with short condolence messages that you can copy, paste and maybe edit to send to a person who’s lost a loved one.
Short Condolence Message
1. Losing a loved one is hard, and I can relate. I share in your grief and hope that you have the fortitude to bear this huge loss.
2. I want you to remember that I’m always here for you and the family. I’ll be a shoulder to lean on, text me when you need to talk.
3. I’m finding it hard to find the right words to say right now but I’m sending love and hugs your way, this period.
4. My sincere condolences to you and your family at this time. I wish you comfort and lots of love to show my support.
5. I’m so sorry for the loss of your loved one, it breaks my heart to see you sad.
6. I’m so sorry you’re hurting. I love you and I’m here for you.
7. I was incredibly saddened to hear about the passing of your loved one. He/She was always so thoughtful and kind. He/She will truly be missed.
8. I’m so glad that you’ve had a lot of fun, bonded, and built great memories before he/she died. I pray you find peace even in his/her death.
9. No words can describe how sorry I am for your loss. My heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow.
10. You have my deepest sympathy! I am very saddened by your loss. The memory of your Mother will give you comfort, and her legacy will live through you all.
Short Condolence Message to a Friend
1. He/she was completely beautiful inside and out — in the best way possible. It’s hard to imagine a world without him/her by your side. I know how much you cherish the beautiful memories you’ve created together. May you find comfort with them.
2. Everyone who knew him considered themselves blessed, Heaven sure gained an angel. Sending you my deepest condolences on behalf of my family.
3. Dear friend, you are in my prayers and thoughts. I am sorry about the demise of your loved and cherished one.
4. In this difficult time, I’ll stand by you just like you have always stood by me as a friend. My deepest condolences.
5. Dealing with loss is not beautiful, it takes a toll on people. I hope you find comfort in these difficult times.
6. May the Lord continue to strengthen you and the family. You’ll always be in my prayers. Love you.
7. His/Her warmth of love can’t be forgotten so easily. She lights up the room in a way that no one can’t. May her soul rest in perfect peace.
8. Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of a rare gem. You’re in my thoughts! My dear friend.
9. I know how much you loved him/her, and may your soul find peace in this trial period.
10. Grateful that we’ve had beautiful memories together. Whatever you need from me this season, I’ll gladly give you. Love you!
11. Accept my heartfelt condolences, my friend. Seeing you unhappy is devastating, I pray this turbulent time passes quickly.
12. I wish I could be there to hug you right now. I should let you know that I’m thinking of you and I can’t wait to see you smile again.
13. In this sorrowful time, sending thoughts of comfort and hope that you find the strength to get through the difficult days ahead. We’re here for you.
14. In loving memory of your loved one, I hope you find happiness while dwelling on the beautiful memories you’ve had together.
Short Condolence Message to Family
1. We will surely miss him/her, but it is with no doubt that you’ll miss him/her more. Sending you love and light.
2. We have so many wonderful and loving memories of __ looking forward to discussing them with you at the right time.
3. You may feel that you are alone, but I want you to know that you are not. We are here to share in your grief and if there’s anything you need, please reach out!
4. “God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46.1. May we find the strength to pass through this loss victoriously.
5. Grateful that we had so many memories together, let’s hold onto them tightly. I’ll send some of my favorite photos of him/her so you can share them in every memory.
6. “Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.” – Rabindranath Tagore
7. Flowers fade, but words live on. That’s why I am sending you this note to remind you that we’re in this together. You’re strengthened!
8. We share in this time of grief, but also share in the love and memories of (name of deceased).
9. He/She will always be within your heart and the many others that loved him/her. Accept my sincere and heartfelt condolences.
10. Words seem inadequate to express how much of a great life our loved one has lived. We are glad to have shared in his/her beautiful lifetime memories.
11. It is with great sadness that we are experiencing the loss of a beautiful soul. Till we meet to part no more. Be rest assured we’re here for you.
12. In the end, we are grateful that he was able to make a positive impact in his lifetime. We sure have a legacy to look up to.
Short Condolence Message to Client
1. I’d like to extend my sincere condolences for the death of your relative. You’re in my thoughts and I’m praying for you. I’m so sorry for your loss.
2. I love how you always included _ in most of our conversations. Now that he/she is gone, I feel your pain. My deepest condolences.
3. I hope you find comfort in good memories during this difficult time. Please accept my heartfelt condolences and extend them to your family.
4. I cannot imagine the depth of grief you are feeling at the loss of your loved one. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
5. Wishing you strength for today and hope for tomorrow. Please accept my sympathy for your loss.
6. I want you to know that I’ll always be here to cheer you up. You’re a great client and I hope you recover from this grief soon.
7. I heard about your mother’s passing, I am so sorry about it. May her legacy continue to live on.
8. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you during this difficult time. May you find comfort in your memories of your amazing loved one.
9. I wish you peace and comfort in these challenging times to get over the loss of your favorite one.
10. May God give you all the strength that you need to move on. I’m praying for you.
11. I know there are no words that can ease your pain. Just know that I’m sending healing prayers and comfort during this tough time.
12. Your dad’s amazing personality lives on through you. Sending you loads of love.
Short condolence Messages are also perfect for adding to a card on a bouquet. But, if you can’t get flowers, don’t hesitate to send them any of these heartfelt messages.
These messages remind its recipients that you care for them in or without your absence. The main reason for expressing your condolences is not to remove the pain, but to offer comfort and let them know that you are thinking of them.